For YA & Adult Readers!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight


Meeting Destiny


Destiny Series #1
by Nancy Straight 
Published: June 27, 2010

Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren.



 

My Thoughts:

The most memorable trait about the MC, Lauren, was her impeccable instincts. They may have put her in some tricky situations, but more often than not they were helpful. I have to admire Lauren on her courage throughout the story. She stayed true to her path when her family and friends worried about her decisions regarding trusting her instincts. Despite her cool sixth sense and amazing boyfriend, Lauren was quite a forgettable character. Even though we are reading her thoughts she didn’t have much presence.  

I noticed how every time Lauren wanted to explain how she knew the things she knew about people she always reverted back to the failed robbery. Everything was linked to that one event. I just got a little crazy having to hear that same moment retold in about 4 different ways.

I understand that Meeting Destiny is the first book of a series so I don’t expect everything to be solved right away. On the other hand, it was mentioned numerous times that Lauren’s goal was to unlock Max when she finally crossed paths with him. She asked and pondered how to do that, but I don’t recall her actively trying to get it done. I feel like what was set up in the beginning of the story wasn’t written in the plot and by the end I was kind of left hanging.

I would recommend Meeting Destiny to readers who like the idea of everyone having that special someone and a specific role in life.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, maybe waiting for the next book before reading this one is best. I don't like to be left hanging in books so sometimes I wait till a couple books of the series come out then read them all at once. Great review.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd do that. It's easy to loose interest if you have to wait for the next book, but I think there are already 3 books out in the Destiny Series.

      Delete
  2. Candace - Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Meeting Destiny. I can tell it wasn't one of your favorites but am still thrilled that you gave it a chance and your criticism is something I'll keep in mind for my next series. Meeting Destiny was the first in a Trilogy, Destiny's Revenge and Destiny's Wrath are both out with excellent reviews. Many thanks! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am liking the premise and certainly enjoy series and trilogies; cliffhangers not so much LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the review, especially about the characters. The book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please take a few seconds to comment and let me know! Thank you :P

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Follow by Email

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com