For YA & Adult Readers!

Monday, March 12, 2012

{Review} Worlds Burn Through by Vicki Keire

Worlds Burn Through

The Chronicles of Nowhere #1
By Vicki Keire
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Release Date: January 20, 2012
Length: ~30,000 words

Chloe Burke has nightmares of a world burned to ash and the strange boy who saves them both.  Underneath the dreams lurks a deeply buried reality; Chloe and a handful of others are survivors of a decade old apocalypse that burned their home world to the ground.

Now their ancient enemies hunt them again. To keep their adopted world safe, Chloe must undergo a ritual of blood sacrifice that will have life-long consequences if she survives. Her lethal protector, Eliot Gray, must keep her alive long enough to do it. Together they will uncover even more dangerous secrets buried in the past's deepest, darkest ashes.

My Thoughts:

Before I started reading, I hadn’t realized that Worlds Burn Through would be on the shorter side. I burned through and enjoyed every bit of the story. It almost felt as though I were 'reading' a television episode: there’s an introduction of all sides of the story, the situation is laid out by a telling of dramatic events, and by the end there’s so much more in store. 

The progression of the story is fast paced and kept me on edge. At any moment, trouble could be right around the corner and I’d never see it coming. The enemies not only blend in with the human race, but they seem to appear out of nowhere!

Varying perspectives in the novel are from every angle of the story. This element in writing isn’t always favorable for me, but Mrs. Keire lays everything out perfectly; she doesn’t share too much information or take too much time away from Chloe, the character everything is mostly centered around.  Another reason I appreciated multiple perspectives in Worlds Burn Through, is because the characters held so much emotion. Anger, guilt, hope, regret; each character felt something different or expressed the same emotion in a different manner. I appreciated being able to connect to the characters who will probably become even more important throughout The Chronicles of Nowhere.

Vicki Keire ingeniously set the foundation for a series any reader of fantasy and science fiction will love. After reading Worlds Burn Through, readers are left with the impression that Chloe’s journey is just beginning and will be more than a piece of cake.

Connect: Author Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Google+
*Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere, Vol. II) has already been released!*


  1. Thanks for this review. I have both books for review and this good review makes me extra excited to read them!

    1. You're welcome! Happy reading, both books lived up to my expectations. :)

  2. This was a good book, huh? I reviewed it a while back. I am very interested to see where the series goes.

    1. Yeah, I saw your review on Goodreads. I think you'll enjoy the next installment. I'm posting a review for Shadowed Ground on Friday if you get a chance to check it out :)


If you enjoyed this post, please take a few seconds to comment and let me know! Thank you :P

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Current Giveaway

 photo books-to-movies-hop-16_zpsfasklmnn.jpg
US Only! Must follow via GFC to enter.

 photo midwinters-eve-2-new-_zps58mkkmgx.jpg

Follow by Email


Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha -