For YA & Adult Readers!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

{Blog Tour} Deleted Scene from The Noctalis Chronicles by Chelsea M. Cameron

Photobucket
Click Banner for Full Schedule
Remember to look for the scavenger hunt word in the post! Once you have the whole phrase you can enter it HERE!

Deleted Scene:

This is a scene from Nightmare that I ended up cutting because it broke the flow of the book. I saved the beginning of this scene for use in Numb because it actually works there. But since events in Nightmare prevent the rest of this scene from happening, I couldn't use this specific part. So I'm sharing it with you! It features the double date that Ava, Peter, Tex and Viktor go on, but they have an unexpected visitor. -- Chelsea M. Cameron

   “Is this lovely?” A British accent that I've come to despise pops our shiny date bubble.
   “Ivan.” Peter doesn't grit his teeth or spit out the name, but the sentiment is there. He shoves me behind him. Typical guy. Viktor takes a defensive stance in front of Tex. I know we're human and women and all, but it kind of bugged me in weird way. Peter and I had gone through all this Claiming business so that Ivan couldn't touch me. And he was still trying to be all manly and protective.
   “Come now, there's no need for that. I'm not here to ruin your little get together. I just wanted to make a little visit.”
   “You already did that. You came, you saw, you conquered. Why are you still here?” I can't help the words that spill out of my mouth.
   “Who's that?” Tex mouths at me from behind Viktor's back. God, I never wanted to get her into this. I told Peter I thought we were tempting fate by pretending like everything was normal. And I was right. I didn't want to be right. It sucks to be right, right now.
   “You need to leave.”
   “But I just got here, and I have not met this creature yet.” He tries to sidle around Viktor, but he doesn't get very far.”
   For the first time in her life, Tex keeps her mouth shut and doesn't make some sort of comment. Her wide eyes behind her glasses tell me she's really freaked out. Well, join the freaking club.
   “Interesting. Are you now flirting with mortality?”
   “Ivan.”
   “Come now, I just wanted to see. You can't blame me. Not when something delicious wanders so willingly into your arms. She looks like Adele.”
   Viktor is silent. The chatter of the other passengers fades, as if there is a wall around us.
   “How did you get here?”
   “I followed you.” Obviously. His hair and clothes are drenched. God, I hope no one saw him getting on the boat from the ocean. Which is not really the biggest problem we've got on our hands.
   “What do you want?” I would rather eat glass than plea with Ivan, but that's exactly what I'm doing. I just can't deal with it anymore.
   “You will see, my dear. You will see.”
   “Enough. I've totally had enough. I was fine with it when we just had to worry about Di and her nefarious schemes to get around the bind, but I can't deal with you trying to be all charming when you're really just going to stab us in the back.” He laughs and Tex covers her ears. I've heard it before, but am able to stand the sound. It's a cross between what a male goblin who'd smoked his whole life and the squinch of Styrofoam. And something else. Something that makes you want to do anything to stop the sound.
   “You are right about one thing. I am charming. But I'm not trying to stab you in the back. I would never stab anything so enchanting in the back.”
   “Yeah, I'm done.” I try to walk away, but Peter holds onto my arm.
   “Ava.” Just one word. Just my name. And for the first time I see it. Fear. I feel it, snaking down my arm like hot liquid. It flows from him to me and I'm forced to drink it in. Peter doesn't get scared. Ever. This is bad.
   “I shall leave you to your lovely little ride. Until we meet again, my lady.” He bows to me, steps onto the railing and shoots so fast into the water, that I only see him because I know he's doing it. I doubt anyone watching from belowdecks would have seen it. Tex gasps and leans over the side of the boat, but I know he's not going to come up for air.
   “Who the hell was that?”
   “Our brother,” Viktor and Peter say at the same time.
   “That was your brother? Dear god, there are some good genes in this family.”
   “That's not how it works, Tex.”

Connect with Chelsea: Blog | Twitter | Facebook

NOCTURNAL

The Noctalis Chronicles #1
Publication Date: February 11, 2012

Seventeen-year-old Ava-Claire Sullivan isn't one for doing the expected. Especially when she finds out her mother's cancer is terminal. After a crying session in the local cemetery where she's attacked by one strange guy and saved by another, she doesn't call the cops. Because those guys definitely weren't your average hooligans.

And the one who sort-of saved her? Well, he's odd. He doesn't seem to breathe or smile or have anything better to do than wait in the cemetery for Ava to come back. Which she does. Call it morbid curiosity. Even after he warns her that he's dangerous, she can't stop wanting to see him, talk to him, be with him.

There's something about Peter that provides a much-needed escape from her mother's diagnosis and her tenuous relationship with her father. Even her best friends Jamie and Texas don't know what it's like to face death. But Peter does. He already has. He also made a promise a long time ago that could destroy both of them.

When everything in your life is falling apart, what are you willing to give up to hold onto the one thing that could last forever?
OF

NIGHTMARE

The Noctalis Chronicles #2
Publication Date: April 14, 2012

Ava-Claire Sullivan still doesn't follow the rules. She shouldn't have let Peter Claim her, turning her into his own personal blood bank. She shouldn't have told Tex Peter was immortal because now her best friend won't shut up about hooking up with Peter's equally immortal brother, Viktor. And she shouldn't have fallen in love with Peter.

Too late. Sometimes, love kills. One promise Peter made nearly a hundred years ago could do it. A kiss, a touch could be the end of him. So all she has to do is not let him fall in love with her. Easier said than done.

But Ava's going to find a way for him to be free, even if it kills her. Or makes her immortal. There's no way she's losing Peter in addition to her mother. No freaking way.

What would you do when the one you love would die if they loved you back?
Purchase Both Books: Amazon | B&N
Special Noctalis News!
  • Nocturnal and Nightmare will be free from Aug. 10th through Aug 14th on Amazon!!
  • Join us for Nocturnal Night on August 30th 8pm EST / 7pm CST for a LIVE Video chat with Author of Nocturnal and Nightmare Chelsea Cameron.

    We will be chatting about everything from her books, the writing process, to Edward v/s Jacob *grins* There will be some giveaways going on too. Don't have a webcam? No worries you can still totally join in with text chatting. You will be able to see everyone else. Shy? Don't be we are all eager to meet you!! Join us for a night of Awesome.



You can preregister at the above link. Which would be amazing or you can just show up...

On that night be sure to enter the chat with this link *Will also be up on SupaGurl Books www.supagurlbooks.blogspot.
com*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate any feedback and all comments!

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus Instagram RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Current Giveaway

More to come!

Follow by Email

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com
Lovey Dovey Books is a participant in affiliate advertising programs (Amazon, Kobo) designed to provide a means for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Kobo.com