For YA & Adult Readers!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tour: Interview with Anna Carey, author of Rise

Thank you for visiting my stop on the Rise blog tour, hosted by the lovely WovenMyst.com! Enjoy my interview with the author of The Eve Trilogy, Anna Carey, as she talks about her writing style and why she writes for young adults!

What were your favorite moments while writing the Eve Trilogy?
There’s no moment like the one when you truly discover the voice of a book. Everything feels like it has (finally!) clicked. It was over three years now that I wrote the first few chapters of the series, and I still remember sitting in the library, writing the scene where Eve and Caleb meet for the first time. It was as if I’d always had the story inside me. It had just been waiting to come out.
Why did you decide to write for young adults?
I’ve always wanted to write commercial fiction for women, and I’m now in a place where a thirteen year old or a forty year old woman could enjoy my books. I’m writing for the girl who hasn’t had her first kiss and the woman who’s going through a divorce. The audience is so incredibly broad, and that’s exciting to me. I love reaching so many people.
How would you describe your writing style?
Pacey, pacey, pacey. I love to keep the pages flipping, and oftentimes have to force myself to slow down.
What’s next for you after Rise’s April release?
I’m working on a new series called Blackbird, though I can’t say much about it just yet. More details soon…
What would you like to say to readers who have followed the series from the beginning?
Rise is dedicated to fans of the series, and I truly meant that. Being an author requires long stretches of time alone, sitting in front of a computer, lost in another world. I’m not immune to moments of doubt. Having an inbox full of emails from readers, telling me what they liked, telling me how excited they are for the next book—that kept me going in more challenging times, when the writing didn’t come as easily, or I was wrestling with plot.

Anna Carey is the author of THE EVE TRILOGY. The first two titles (EVE, ONCE) are now available wherever books are sold, and the series finale, RISE, hits shelves April 2, 2013. She likes miniatures, bacon, subway generated wind, flea markets, chalkboard silhouettes, dance-offs, arnold palmers, bacon, Chinese finger traps, top-of-your-lungs car singing, and bacon. She dislikes pennies, aromatherapy, paper receipts, commercials, and tunafish. For slightly delayed response times, please contact her through this site. For instant gratification, please find her on twitter. @AnnaCareyBooks
THE EVE TRILOGY on Amazon--B&N--Powell's--Kobo

Interview in conjunction with:
April.06 - Once upon a Twilight
April.07 - Wovenmyst.com

Kobo Inc.
Subscribe to Lovey Dovey Books

4 comments:

  1. Great interview! I haven't read the first book yet, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this interview! I'm very intrigued about the Blackbird series. (Also, I now have the Beatles song stuck in my head.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book. I hope he isn't really dead because I love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!!!!!!!! I have been looking into this series for awhile! def think I will buy now!!! Thanks for a giveaway!!! Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate any feedback and all comments!

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus Instagram RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Current Giveaway

 photo EntTeen-UrbanBattleEpic300x300opt2_zpsiez6labv.jpg
#TeamUrban vs. #TeamEpic Fantasy Prize Pack

Follow by Email

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com