For YA & Adult Readers!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

11 Books to Read This Summer!


Ready to spend your days soaking up the sun and fresh air, but don't know what to read this summer? Check out my 2016 Summer TBR list for inspiration. With summer literally looming over us [it's right around the corner!], I thought it appropriate to share what I'll be spending the summer reading. Then I thought, since I'm constantly adding books to my 'to be read' list, I should just pick the ones I'm more than excited to read.

If you're anything like I am, you're probably always looking for something new, exciting, or just plain different to read. I'll be tackling books that I never had the chance to read, finishing series, continuing series, picking up current releases, and rereading old favorites. And yes, between work and life, I plan on sitting in the sun and reading my books...alone! ;-)

Jacob's Descent, Liv Bergen Series #6 by Sandra Brannan: I love mystery and this is by far my favorite mystery series. Liv Bergen is a firecracker and her life makes for an interesting read.
(See my review of Liv Bergen #3, Widow's Might! )

Ironskin Series by Tina Connolly: I read and reviewed Ironskin back in 2012, but I never got the chance to read the following books in the series. I’m sure I missed out, so it’s time to remedy that.


Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke: I read an excerpt of this book a little after it was released. That was enough to get me hooked, I have to read this one soon!

All Fixed Up, Ciel Halligan Series #4 by Linda Grimes: Love, love, love this series. Urban fantasy and science fiction are more of my favorite genres, and the Ciel Halligan series is perfect.

An Ember in the Ashes #1 by Sabaa Tahir: I have a love, hate relationship with dsytopian novels, but I’m thinking that this one might fall on the love side. This is a series from which I really don’t know what to expect but it’s been calling to me!

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy by Mike Johnson: I’ve got this comic book to read for review. So excited because I'm waiting, not so patiently, for Star Trek: Beyond to hit theaters in July. I’m also watching Star Trek: Next Generation on Netflix this summer.

Dust Lands Series by Moira Young: This is one of my favorite series of all time; I get the feels every time I think about it. Moira Young is one of my top 10 authors to read and its all because of Blood Red Road. That book is LIFE! I have yet to read the third book, but just the other day I was feeling the desire to fall back into Saba’s world. (Read my review of Blood Red Road!)

Well, that's it for me. I'm sure the list will continue growing and growing, but for now I'll be enjoying these sweet reads. What are you planning to read this summer? Let me know below!



Subscribe to Lovey Dovey Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate any feedback and all comments!

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus Instagram RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Current Giveaway

 photo EntTeen-UrbanBattleEpic300x300opt2_zpsiez6labv.jpg
#TeamUrban vs. #TeamEpic Fantasy Prize Pack

Follow by Email

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com