For YA & Adult Readers!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

An Astounding, Emotionally Charged Read: Until Harry (Review)

He was my best friend, my best not-really-big-brother and my best protector. He was my best everything. He was mine.

Coming home is hard for Lane. Hard because Harry, her beloved uncle, has died suddenly, but also because of him. Kale.

Kale Hunt has been her best friend since childhood. But it was never that simple. He was Lane’s reason for leaving home and moving to New York. Seeing him with someone else, in love with someone else, shouldn’t have hurt. But it did. It really, really did. So she upped sticks and left, started a new life and cut herself off from her past.

But now she’s back and all the feelings are right there. As if she had never left. Emotions are running high for everyone, and tragedy has a funny way of bringing people together. But is Lane reading the signs right? Are they still just friends, or is there something more?
Pub. Date: July 19, 2016
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Genre: Romance


Until Harry is a heartfelt story of family and friendship. L.A. Casey takes readers on an emotional rollercoaster, where the highs and lows keep you on the edge of your seat and gives you a serious case of the feels.

Lane is a freelance editor living in New York. She learns that her Uncle Harry has suddenly died and she must return home. Going home is a great source of pain for Lane because she left England to avoid her past. She plans to return only for the funeral, but her family has other plans. Including Kale, the best friend who broke Lane’s heart. The story moves back and forth from present to past. The past captures the budding relationship between Lane and Kale and the forces that brought them to their tense present. I really liked this style because it allows readers to get to know Lane as she grows into the person she is and the answers that explain her decisions.

I always give credit to authors who can write a story that leaves me unable to ignore the pain of the characters and makes me feel like the story is everything to me in the moments that I’m part of that world. I don't think I have ever cried as much as I did while reading Until Harry. L.A. Casey’s imagery is so powerful that it’s practically impossible to not become engaged with the story and wonder what one might do if in Lane, or even Kale’s shoes. Tragedy is never expected, and when it happens how would you handle it? How would it change you?

Even though the story is a lot shorter than I expected it to be, and it would have been even more enjoyable if the resolution didn’t come so quickly, I overall had a great time reading Until Harry. It stayed in my mind long after I finished. The characters have depth, but its really L.A. Casey’s ability to build emotionally charged scenes that makes Until Harry a recommendable read.

*Advance publication provided in exchange for honest review*

Buy the Book! Amazon | B&N
Add to Goodreads


Previous Review: Live and Let Psi by D.R. Rosensteel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate any feedback and all comments!

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus Instagram RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Current Giveaway

 photo EntTeen-UrbanBattleEpic300x300opt2_zpsiez6labv.jpg
#TeamUrban vs. #TeamEpic Fantasy Prize Pack

Follow by Email

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Lovey Dovey Books | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com